Posted by: Greg Elliott, Director of Business Development at 1102 GRAND
This past year was one filled with man-made and natural disasters that had the potential to knock out communications and operations in entire cities. From tsunamis to fires to earthquakes, the unexpected could wipe out your whole operation in seconds. Even if your company has a comprehensive disaster recovery plan in place, you may want to check out what other industry leaders have covered in this article from DataCenterKnowledge.com.
At 1102 GRAND, some of our customers use our Kansas City-based colocation facilities as a backup site in their business continuity plan, while others use 1102 GRAND as a production site or for use a hybrid approach. There are many possible approaches appropriate for various types of industries.
If you would like to schedule a tour and to discuss different options available for your business, just give me a call at 816-213-7731 or send me an email at Greg@1102GRAND.com.
By: Darren Bonawitz
With the first hurricane of the season already here and gone, 1102 GRAND, Kansas City’s Data Center and Midwestern Internet hub, reviewed disaster recovery tips for companies at risk for earthquakes, hurricanes, blackouts, wildfires, tornados, ice storms, or the most common disaster risk of them all – people themselves.
Here are tips for disaster recovery.
1. Ensure you disaster recovery plan is flexible and scalable
2. Right size the solution to meet requirements and budget
3. Don’t assume – establish requirements with management
4. Prioritize recovery initiatives to meet company objectives
5. Document, document and document some more
6. Do not forget about redundancy with passwords – store them offsite too
7. Schedule semi-annual or annual requirement reviews
8. Disaster recovery is not “set it and forget it” – test regularly
9. Disaster recovery is more than just data – think through all facets of operations
10. Ensure at least two team members know each recovery procedure